View Single Post

Old 09-14-2020, 10:56 PM

Liked 62 Times in 30 Posts
Default DAO 64-5 followed me home last weekend...

There was an actual, real life gun show near me last weekend, and I went just mostly to get out of the house. I did take an old 10-7 with me in case I felt like doing some trading. Revolvers were few and far between, and mildly to ridiculously overpriced.

Then I spotted this one from 2 aisles over and chatted the owner up. He didn't want too much for it, and we ended up making a trade.

So here's a 64-5, probably a security guard gun. It dates to December '97 as far as I can figure. It's got a MIM trigger, cylinder stop, and rebound slide, the new cylinder release, a flash-chromed forged bobbed hammer, and a grooved front and back strap. It's got a moderate amount of carry wear, but the insides are fresh... doesn't look to have been fired much at all. The factory grips were kinda beat up cosmetically, and size-wise are not to my liking, so I added some Pachmayr Compact Professionals. Gotta show off the grooved back strap!

Loaded up some ammo this weekend, and will hopefully make it to the range later this week!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9837.jpg (202.6 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9838-COLLAGE.jpg (148.3 KB, 148 views)
The Following 6 Users Like Post: