View Single Post

Old 09-15-2020, 10:01 AM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

Keep the example with the turn line as a shooter. Sell the better condition example at a premium. Find a lesser priced high condition shooter grade 28-2 with a 6" barrel to round out the set. (Assuming you may be leaning towards being a shooter-collector and not a safequeen-collector.)

Spend the money left over on ammo or reloading components to feed them and keep them happy. (If you can actually find ammo or reloading components right now.)

I just looked at a 6" shooter grade 28-2...........and I mean visibly used, that the gun shop had priced at $699. (No box)

When I asked if they would come down off the $699+tax price they declined stating they were extremely comfortable it would sell at their asking price.

I paid $1200 ($625/$575) for two 6" 28-2 examples in the spring of last year, no box for either example. Both in excellent condition finish wise, but one of the examples had a stock serial number that was very close to but not the exact same as the frame's.

I would put a premium on a similar condition 4" example, even more of a premium on an as-new 4" example, and an as-new in box 4" example I feel $900 isn't too far off the mark for the right buyer.

As I have read numerous times any functioning N-Frame=$500. I could easily see adding an additional $400 for as-new condition, the original box/accessories/documentation, and it being a more desirable 4" configuration.

I seriously doubt most shops in my area would price an as-new in box 4" 28-2 at less than $1000.

Oh, and another thing.......study the front cylinder face of each example very closely. If truly unfired by the previous owner(s) then ONLY EVERY OTHER chamber mouth on the front cylinder face should show evidence of being test fired by the factory.

Dale

Last edited by tenntex32; 09-15-2020 at 10:23 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: