View Single Post

Old 09-15-2020, 01:58 PM

Liked 9,014 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhump1961 View Post
OK. I'm with you that with a little practice the early MK's aren't too big a deal to reassemble. But it was enough of an issue to enough customers and Ruger apparently heard enough negative feedback that they were motivated to make changes and have sold a ton of the MKIV's as a result. Your position is that they ruined the classic looks of the previous models but I would say they did a good job keeping the lines with the exception of the front pivot pin. One could say that the older versions worked fine and they did...but bringing the pistol into the 21st century with not only the field strip changes but the improvements on all of the controls provides the platform needed to appeal to the new generation of buyers. Ruger was smart to do it.

I am very fond of my MKI and MKII and they aren't going anywhere but it is MHO that the MKIV is an improvement in terms of engineering. As for the recall and quality I see all gun makers suffer recalls. I don't see a decline in the quality of materials or workmanship in the MKIV. YMMV.

You obviously have much more experience than I do as I have never shot competition or owned the guns you reference so I respect your opinion. I just took issue with the "idiot" implication. The gun community needs lots of new members at any level of participation. This country continues to have to fight to keep the right.
Oh I agree, we need more people in the shooting community.

I've seen a lot of 1st timers in the LGS I go to lately. They're concerned and I don't blame them.

And I'm willing to answer questions and help a newbie in any way.

Above all, we need to get the new gun owners to join the NRA. Most new guns usually come with a membership application, usually at a discounted rate.

Our future depends on it.