View Single Post

Old 09-15-2020, 10:12 PM

Liked 2,533 Times in 859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorer951 View Post
The action on the 10 shot revolver is exactly the same internally, with the exception of the hand.

If the heavy pull is purely related to spring tension issues, you might take a look at the mainspring strain screw to see if it is too long. If this is the case, the screw can put too much tension on the mainspring. Many here on the forum incrementally modify (shorten) the strain screw length, or add an adjustable hex screw in place of the strain screw so that they can "adjust" the tension on the mainspring by moving the screw in/out. Substitution of the aftermarket spring you mentioned may also help.

Remember that substituting a lighter rebound spring will help lighten the DA, but will also lighten the SA pull too, so be sure to check the SA pull weight with a pull gauge after any changes with respect to this spring. I believe the consensus here is the 13-14 pound rebound springs give the most consistent results without causing trigger return issues.
Thanks much for the comments on this. I put in the extra Wolff "Standard Power" Power Rib mainspring with the factory strain screw, and the pull is extremely good now. I can't say that it'll go "Bang" all the time however. That'll be a test for tomorrow. If I have ignition problems, I do have a couple of extended length strain screws from Wolff that I can grind down to the proper length to get better ignition.

The inside of the gun was also bone dry, which I found odd coming right out of the factory. A good oiling I would think contributed to the change in pull.

I didn't change the trigger rebound spring because I wanted to make one change at a time. If I have reliable ignition, I'll put in the 13lb Wolff rebound spring I have laying around and make sure that trigger return isn't affected. This will be a .22 Steel Challenge gun, so reliability will be needed although my life won't be depending on this gun.
The Following User Likes This Post: