View Single Post

Old 09-16-2020, 07:02 AM
US Veteran

Liked 21,269 Times in 6,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwjarrett View Post
I got some primed brass yesterday so I finally got to try things out. I am liking the setup. The powder setup, with the adjustable arm and pivot worked great. I could get everything done in a steady rhythm of movements. When I was at the expanding and charging die, I could reach across with my left hand to move the powder over the funnel, throw with my right, swing it back out of the way and grab a bullet.

I have my balance setup at eye level and the digital on the bench. I would set the balance at the target weight and measure every 10th throw with both the balance and digital. Once I was convinced the the powder throws were consistent, I just used the digital every 10th by zeroing on an empty case, expanding, throwing powder and measuring to get powder weight.

I measured every round before boxing. Without hurrying, I could get 2 rounds a minute.

I have 250 shiny rounds of 40 S&W (ran out of bullets or it would have been 350). I just started running 9mm. I should have 200 done after work tomorrow. It is going to be a loud Saturday. I am going to try to refrain from punching too many holes but it is pretty easy to burn through 200 rounds.
As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters. If it works for you then it is a good thing.