View Single Post

Old 09-19-2020, 10:33 AM

Liked 9,429 Times in 4,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP@AK View Post
The one that goes through the front of the frame and holds the yoke in place. The yoke actually pivots on it.

My brother was a meticulous guy for most of his life. An excellent auto mechanic for decades. But toward the end, he got careless about some things. He apparently took the gun apart and then forgot about it. I found it in pieces but never located that screw. Everything else is there.

Thanks. I was planning to hit Numrich at some point. I suspect the guys there will be able to help. Just have had too many other irons in the fire lately.
Jack,

I just sent you a PM about this. What you need is actually a plunger called a link pivot. There is a spring behind it that you may need as well, that not only puts tension on the pivot but also on what they called the cylinder lock. I thought I remembered pushing in the plunger then just sliding the crane out to disassemble. As you are no doubt aware most if not all of the HS revolvers were built on the same central frame design. It appears that there were only two variations (by size) of this plunger and spring, so you’ll just have to order by Model #.

Just to avoid being accused of thread drift, this little nine shooter fits the definition of “kit gun” about as well as any... and it’s just a tad larger than a J frame.

Send me a PM if you wish to discuss further.
Best regards,
Froggie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (119.9 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Green Frog; 09-19-2020 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: