View Single Post

Old 09-20-2020, 05:44 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32,372 Times in 5,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
It is this kind of irresponsibility and ignorance that makes responsible gun owners shake their heads in disbelief.

Replacing the gun is never the real issue. The use of the stolen gun by a criminal IS the issue, as in the story in the OP's post.

You can choose your behaviors but not always the consequences. If you through your laziness won't secure your firearms, they are stolen and someone gets badly injured or killed, its on you. I don't want that responsibility. If you don't care and think stolen firearms are a non-issue, well, I'll just stop there. As Smoke says, it's not worth talking to you.
And if I put double-cylinder deadbolt locks on the solid steel doors of my house and keep my firearms under lock and key, but some punk breaks my door down and steels my firearms, I am somehow to blame?

I keep a safe bolted into the floor of my truck in order to secure my handgun while I must enter places where firearms are not allowed, and the truck is kept locked up. If some bozo breaks in, or steals me truck, and my handgun is later used in a crime, I am somehow to blame?

I should be charged with a crime because my stolen property was used to commit a crime? I should be open to lawsuits because some ******-bag doper thief stole from me, and my stuff was later used in another crime?

Slippery slope.

Reasonable and prudent. Reasonable and prudent. Reasonable and prudent. It seems to bear repeating.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: