View Single Post

Old 09-22-2020, 10:31 AM

Liked 5,134 Times in 1,952 Posts

We have crews that work out of town during the week and come home on weekends. They typically meet here at the shop and thrown their things into the trucks and head out.

Well last week one brainiac left his car in the lot, with the keys in it and a handgun shoved down beside the seat. Another guy left his truck parked with the keys in it. Sunday night we had some unwanted visitors.

The boys returned from their week's work to find out two of them didn't have a vehicle anymore. One guy (gun guy) is fairly new, but the other says, "I've been leaving my keys in my car for 11 years!, and nobody ever bothered it."

Well, he can't say that now. We have security cameras, but they kept their faces hidden pretty well. We'll be clearing a spot for them inside our fenced lot, and adding more cameras. But what's done is done. Another 9mm on the street.

I have an old 22 rifle that still has a worn spot on the barrel from all those years it rode around in a gun rack of my truck. But that was in the 70's/early 80's. Not now.