View Single Post

Old 09-23-2020, 01:19 PM

Liked 225 Times in 75 Posts

Here in TX , per castle doctrine, a loaded firearm on the car is legal however many don’t stop an think about the above issue. I had an NY CCP for over 20 years til I moved here. For the TX CHL they want to repeat and pay for theirs which I feel is ridiculous being NY is one of the first states to ever offer concealed carry permits and still one of the toughest to get one in being a “may” issue state not a “shall” issue state like TX. So I have not obtained one for TX bc of that and the fact that I can carry in the car home property etc as well with 30.06 & 30.07 signs I can’t carry on those establishments not like NY where you can’t have a sign telling me where I can and can’t carry as long as it’s not a school , Fed bldg, or NYC! So most of the time the gun will be left in the car when in such an establishment. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to obtain one for here do to those facts so it’s even more important since a firearm will be left in vehicles more her to make sure its secure and if broken into and taken, reported immediately! But best course is to park close or in clear view areas less likely to be a target whenever possible. IMO & 2 cents worth.