View Single Post

Old 09-25-2020, 04:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,168 Times in 4,570 Posts

Quote:
I have more if you need them.
And so does every police officer, sad to say. Sad stories abound, crime, accidents, whatever. According to the latest figures that I have seen There are almost 400 million guns in America and probably around 85 to 90 million gun owners. STUFF is going to happen. OUR job, should we choose to accept it, is to take all reasonable steps to avoid STUFF from happening.

That said, it is hard to argue with this logic:

Quote:
There are no safe areas - only areas with varying degrees of unsafeness.
Any place that has no crime is totally safe UNTIL some ne'er-do-well shows up intent on committing evil and then, suddenly, the totally safe place is not safe anymore.

How many times have you seen people on the news say "But Podunk is a safe town (or neighborhood); we never have trouble here; this is shocking!"

But none of that is a direct answer to the question of positioning firearms around your domicile. This is actually kind of the bottom line:

Quote:
Every firearm in my home, loaded or not, is secured or in my immediate control whether loaded or not. Always.
But how do you define "immediate control"?

I'll let y'all decide that on your own; my version of immediate control will differ from yours, I am sure.

But I am a big fan of Randy!
Quote:
My main line of defense is Randy, a 140 pound Rottweiler