View Single Post

Old 09-27-2020, 03:25 AM

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardeye View Post
Very nice gun. I was able to purchase a 24-4 SiX inch barrel NIB a week ago. I was in the right place at the right time. It will not be new for long.
You've got best of the best! That one has endurance package, and it will LAST!

I was in the club where they shoot a lot, few collectors. And those old dogs told me that S&W -3, -4 and -5 (models with firing pin on hammer) are the best S&W ever. They liked them so much that they have just with those dash numbers. Apparently, S&W started using CNC machinery, and on top of that, same critical parts, like crane, that were before from bit softer steel for easier fitting, are now from considerably stronger steel. CNC machining allowed closer tolerances and less fitting, and using stronger steel S&W avoided latter problems with loose guns.

I still kicking myself for passing LNIB 624, -3 or -4, I think 6", but could be 6.5". At that time I had tough times, and honestly, I was more in magnum mood. Later one, after flipping number of guns, all magnums, I realized why 44 Special is so special. Now, I would love to have a nice 624-3/-4, 6"-6.5", and Ruger Flattop stainless Bisley in 44 Special, 5.5". Considering my current location, wouldn't be easy.

Last edited by Onty; 09-27-2020 at 03:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: