View Single Post

Old 10-01-2020, 07:09 AM

Liked 1,371 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteve View Post
I thought the hicap Shield was called the M&P 9C ?
I have an M&P 2.0 compact, a Glock 43 and a Sig P365. The M&P compact is much larger and heavier than the G43 and P365. Its not in the same class as the Shield and similar sized guns. The size and weight difference might not seem like much on paper but makes a big difference when being carried.

My 2.0 Compact is larger than the 2.0 Subcompact or original compact but doesn't weigh much more. And it is the extra weight that makes a difference to me. The 2.0 Compact needs a stiff gun belt but the lighter guns can be carried with more comfortable flexible belt and a good holster.

With an empty 10 round magazine my Sig P365 weighs 18.5 ounces, my 2.0 Compact (4 inch) weighs 26.8 with an empty 15 round magazine. That's 45% heavier. Loaded with 11 and 16 rounds of ammo the P365 is 23.6 ounces vs 34.1 for the M&P with 16 rounds, once again 45% heavier. I think the sub compact is only a couple of ounce lighter but do not have one to weigh.

Please don't suggest getting a "good stiff gun belt" and carrying the heavier gun. When it comes to comfortably carrying a gun those are part of the problem, not the solution as far as I am concerned. I know most people don't seem to mind the stiff belts but they literally rub me the wrong way.