View Single Post

Old 10-03-2020, 10:23 PM

Liked 7,378 Times in 2,511 Posts

To me, the SIG P365 is an interesting firearm in a "It's cool that they could make a 9mm that small that holds so many rounds" sort of way, but it's not a firearm that I would ever choose for carry. Yes, it fills a niche for those who specifically desire the smallest, lightest, highest capacity 9mm pistol around, but personally I'd sooner opt to carry a Ruger LC9s or a Glock 19. To me, the P365 just falls into a size category which is basically too big to pocket carry yet too small for IWB carry or to fit my hand nicely.

When it comes to EDC, I carry a Smith & Wesson SW40VE which is a compact pistol about the size of a Glock 19 and a Ruger LCP as a backup. If I wanted something inbetween, then I would get a Ruger LC9s or an M&P40 Shield.

Ultimately, the P365 strikes me as a firearm offering a compromise between a Compact and a Subcompact, which I've honestly never heard anybody ask for.
Is it popular, of course it is, but is there significant enough demand for Smith & Wesson to design such a thing? Frankly, I don't think so. Folks request all manner of different firearms from Smith & Wesson on the Wish List Subforum, but never for an answer to the P365.