View Single Post

Old 10-05-2020, 02:17 PM

Liked 242 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
Does the bolt number match the serial number on the receiver?
Did you check the headspace?
Did you completely disassemble the bolt, lightly lube it?
No third movement on the safety lever? Puzzled. Are you sure the bolt is assembled till the safety housing bottoms. This tells me something was changed and not fitted.

Go to Gunboard’s.com and ask in the Mauser section.
There is no clear number on the bolt. The bolt handle has a 2 visible just after the curve (there are a few other lines that appear to be from ground/rubbed off numbers/letters, but I can't make out what the numbers/letters might be). The serial number on the receiver does not have a 2 in it. My assumption is the bolt number does not match the serial number.

The headspace was checked when I purchased it, and while I can't remember the exact words, I know the headspace was not a safety concern.

Disassembling the bolt at the range was the first time I did so. I plan to take the shroud off the bolt to give it a cleaning and some lube. Should I disassemble it beyond that?

I did make sure to screw the housing/shroud back on the bolt as far as it would go, so unless I am misunderstanding you, the bolt is assembled to where the safety housing bottoms. I have not taken anything else apart on the bolt.

I'll get on gunboards.com and ask.

Last edited by Tilheyra; 10-05-2020 at 02:28 PM.