View Single Post

Old 10-05-2020, 11:14 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,880 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
I dunno, sigP220 .45...

I mean, you may be a firearms instructor and all, but with so many folks on the internet speaking so boldly about how wearing 5.11 brand clothing will totally get you killed because the super clever gangbangers of today are so savy when it comes to firearms and the latest fashion worn by LEOs and gun-toting civilians alike, they must know what they're talking about, most likely from some reliable source if not first-hand experience.

So yeah, I think that I'll go ahead and throw out my 5.11s immediately because I was obviously dressed far too much like an obvious undercover police officer this summer when I wore 5.11 Tac-Lite shorts with colorful Fruit of the Loom Tank Tops, Hawaiian Shirts, and Sandals. Much like I was too conspicuous today when I was out shopping in 5.11 Tactical Pants, Deluth T-Shirt, and Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star High Tops. I mean, who was I kidding? My everyday attire practically screams; "I'm armed, shoot me!" so I had better stop dressing so conspicuously by dressing with a man-bun, a plunging V-Neck which shows off my meticulously manscapped chest, and a pair of either skinny jeans or stretch pants. After all, I would blend in perfectly dressed like that, completely inconspicuous, and with a look that screams; "Don't shoot, I'll give you ANYTHING you want!"
Sure, I'll have to learn how to properly keister my firearm since obviously I won't be able to conceal it on my person in my new attire, but at least I won't stand out or look like an undercover cop, right? After all, plenty of guys who look like me dress like that nowadays. No way would my age, height, muscular build, thousand-yard stare, facial scars, or speech pattern make me look like an undercover cop dressed like that, especially not if I start using modern slang like "lit" or whatever else they're saying these days.

Oh, and in case I just wasn't laying it on quite thick enough for everyone here, I'm being sarcastic.

Hey, you do you