View Single Post

Old 10-07-2020, 10:55 PM

Liked 29,295 Times in 10,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
I had a polymer frame PM9, all black. Great gun, until it wasn’t. I believe I probably shot the frame out of tolerance around 9000 rounds. After replacing the recoil spring and a trip to the factory the reliability just kept declining, likely due to stretching in the area of the slide stop hole. No factory support to fix this.

I also had a two-tone K40, soft shooter with.40S&W. Also a great gun, until it was wasn’t. The barrel chamber liner unscrewed from the barrel in a range session, jamming the breech open. I called the customer service line and they denied that was possible - “we use one-piece barrels”. I sent them a picture and they sent an RMA, as they were flat-out lying. They repaired the “one-piece” barrel.

I still enjoy the Kahr triggers, but I don’t consider them (1) reliable nor (2) adequately supported to be CCW. YMMV.
I think you would be considered an outlier in the amount you practice with a carry gun.

What you said about the Kahr is almost a repeat of what a British army guy said about the Hi Power. They didn't last through the close protection training he did, so they went to Sigs.