Thread: gun broker
View Single Post

Old 10-10-2020, 06:40 AM
US Veteran

Liked 6,168 Times in 2,672 Posts

I've had two memorable or exceptional experiences on GB. First was a blue M19-? with a 2-1/2" barrel that looked perfect except the yoke had a blur that I thought was a lighting issue. When I received the gun is was a stain or flaw in the blueing. The rest of the finish was excellent. After 6 months of mental misery, I had the gun refinished. If I had known, I could have bought a better gun with tools, box, and docs for the same cost.

The second memorable purchase was a M29-2. A blue one, 4" barrel, gun only sold for $1,200. Three weeks later another blue M29-2, 4" barrel, of identical quality with tools, box, presentation case, and docs had been listed for 2 weeks, one bid with 7 days to go. I decided on my max bid, and walked away, even forgot about making the bid. I won the auction as high bidder for only $837 including shipping costs.

I had had no problems with the quality or condition of my other purchases. I enlarge pictures and ask questions about finish issues. I did buy one unusual revolver that had a beautiful square butt grip on it. When I opened the package at my FFL, it was a round butt gun with a square butt grip. No problem!! I had the correct grip at home because of a "good deal" on this Forum.

I have no complaints about GB, patiently wait for the next gun at 'my' price because it will come up for auction, and will send the seller a question before making a Last & Final max bid. Two exceptions were a M586 and M19 with very exceptional original grips. I bought the grips, and the revolvers came with the deal, both times at a second, higher max bid.