View Single Post

Old 10-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Liked 676 Times in 312 Posts
Default Read the Lawsuit Allegations, then Evaluate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy2525 View Post
Facts matter. You’re making an accusation through innuendo. For all the P365’s that are out there, name one single case where a 365 has had the same drop fire issue as the P320’s have had.

The P365 had some early production issues the night sights and striker drag. New model Glocks have had their own set of issues.
Absolutely.
The P365 is not the P320. The P365 had numerous issues in the initial introduction as noted, but my understanding is the internals do differ somewhat (never compared side by side).

The P320 has a long history of uncommanded discharges in holsters, not just dropped guns. I was unaware of the reported extent until reading the July 2020 New Hampshire lawsuit, which details them starting on page 22 - 29 https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...63c886.pdf.pdf. SIG has done a comprehensive job of not acknowledging the risk or warning customers in my opinion.

Innuendo or not, I would not trust SIG to do the right thing if their is anything wrong with the P365. It is a really attractive platform, but if the choice is between a relatively debugged choice and something new from SIG, I suggest the G26 is a wiser choice.

I have owned three SIGs, but presently own a single hammer-fired 9mm. If you read the pages of various law enforcement uncommanded discharges of holstered P320s including the on-video Michigan case detailed in the complaint (page 12), I am not comfortable with SIG’s safe implementation of striker fired guns. YMMV.
The Following User Likes This Post: