View Single Post

Old 10-11-2020, 04:27 AM

Liked 145 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues7 View Post
I've been carrying a Glock 26 since 1995 so I may be a little prejudiced.

(Enough so, that I bought a second a few months ago to back it up.)

It's the one gun I'd keep if I had to give up the others.
I am of the same mind. The 26 has a long track record of reliability. My samples from varying generations are no different. I am issued a G45 and commonality of magazines between the 26/19/45 pre-positioned in other gear (vest, go-bag) is a plus. I played with a 43 and then a 43X for a while. They do not use the same magazines as their bigger cousins and, while they carry as easily as the 26, on the timer, they do not perform the same. This is purely my experience. Some folks I know get better performance from their single stack Glocks. This is why there is chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.

I will say that the Gen 2.5 and 3 Glock 26s are my favorites. I have a Gen 5 but the finger grooves on the earlier generations are needed for my larger hands.

The fact that I have to use Glock at work alone gives the G26 the nod over the 365. The Glocks partially loaded striker and the availability of the SCD to allow positive control of the ignition system (for my use and training) wins all day/every day over the Sig striker design. The "issues" with the P320 FOW just reaffirm that my choice is the right one for me.

Last edited by doc84; 10-11-2020 at 04:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: