View Single Post

Old 10-12-2020, 12:01 AM

Liked 18,470 Times in 7,307 Posts

If you look at the attached photo, the ring a the bottom of the grip frame slides out of the frame sideways. There are 4 different holes drilled around the perimeter, and each one is a different depth. The 4 different holes range from around 1/16" deep to almost 3/16" deep, and they are the "seat" for the hammer mainspring.

If you seat the spring in one of the shallower holes the spring is more pre-compressed which increases the force of the hammer fall, and thereby increases the weight of the trigger pull as well.

If you seat the spring in one of the deeper holes, the spring is less pre-compressed and that lightens the hammer fall and trigger pull.

To change it you just slide the ring out of the frame, choose the depth of hole/amount of pre-compression you want to use and slide the end of the spring retaining rod into that hole then slide the ring assembly back into its hole in the grip frame.

Really simple to use, and as I said, very ingenious. You can set it to have the lightest hammer fall and trigger pull, and if it reliably ignites all your ammo, great. If it doesn't and you get light strikes, adjust it to the next shallower hole and try again. When you get to the lightest setting that reliably ignites all ammo primers with no light strikes, that is the setting to use.

Mine has never failed to fire, even at the lightest setting, and I would estimate the DA trigger pull at around 6 pounds.

And just for grins here are a couple of photos of mine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gripsoff.JPG (80.3 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2578-1.JPG (48.1 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2575-2.JPG (144.5 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by BC38; 10-12-2020 at 12:35 AM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: