View Single Post

Old 10-13-2020, 11:23 PM

Liked 1,425 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
The victim had a handgun in a shoulder holster on his left side, and it appears the shooter was reaching for that or the pepper spray when slapped. In either case, the shooter made physical contact with the victim (with no lawful authority to do so) and that resulted in the slap.

It's becoming more and more clear that at least four people were involved (shooter, reporter, agitator and photographer) in an organized operation intended to create news by instigating a confrontation and filming the result. I sincerely hope the Denver PD is pursuing a thorough investigation.

From a personal defense standpoint, it's apparent that attending these type of events is extremely dangerous and you shouldn't make any assumption about where the threat is coming from. This was a pro-police rally, and the police were only yards away from where this occurred.

We can criticize the victim in this, but who would have expected to by murdered by 'the Press'?

Be careful folks. The rules we play by are not being observed by the other team.
This.

I get that the victim made a lot of tactical mistakes. Don't roll around with pepper spray in your hand, attracting unwanted attention.
If someone reaches for your gun, that's the moment you need to also.
Don't assume you are safe because you are with others, and/or at an event you support.

I know a lot say "don't be out there". I get that, I don't want to go out into something like that. But heck, things like that are springing up all over, and most are NOT friendly to the average poster here (let's leave it at that).
The Following User Likes This Post: