View Single Post

Old 10-14-2020, 07:25 PM

Liked 761 Times in 280 Posts

Estate matters. First as comment above, just 'heads up' IF any estate/inheritance tax issues to be considered in estate plan.

Super-senior, I labored for some recent years with 'guilt' of not liquidating most of a large collection for benefit of my several sons. None with any intrest in guns whatsoever! Then the lightbulb and already quite frank "heads up & feel lucky" several sons briefing.

To the effect... Each notified of my intent and provided with like computer file documents: Copies of: XL Spreadsheet and multi-photo inventory featuring full specimen ID. Also my 'proximate valuation brief 'why' if something special. Each piece also physically tagged & cross indexed by such number to pix and XL.
Words to sons... I'm passing on considerable value! You each have sufficient informaton to retain, sell for value or 'informed' determination otherwise. Kindly, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! A matter of when I do pass... An "Off & On Guys!"

Now... I'm off the gulit trip for not liquidating them. Wish anybody had given me a quite large gun collection of anything of value... FREE!

My 'no muss, no fuss' personal property estate plan' as wife takes a substantial 'all other'.

Estate matter... "Handled!"
Best & Stay Safe!
John
The Following User Likes This Post: