Thread: 9mm Gatling Gun
View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 10:43 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinman View Post
One of the guys at the range came over to me and said that he thinks he found his new firearm. He opened up his latest Firearms News and there for anyone to see is a 9mm Gatling Gun that uses Glock mags. The price tag of $5K might seem a little daunting and for those of us with rules regulating how many rounds we can fire per minute (No More Than 1 Round Per Second) it would need to be messed with somewhere else. Locally there has been a Colt Reproduction 45/70 Gatling Gun for $20K...9mm...hmmmm
The $20,000 price tag is not the expensive part. Paying for the ammunition is the real expense in owning a 45-70 Gatling gun. That is the reason for scaling one down to fire 9MM Parabellum. Years ago there was one that was 22LR.

It was back about 8 years ago, The good folks at Colt brought one of those brass, 1877 Bulldog Gatling guns to the SHOT show. This is a beautiful piece of Americana.

The day before SHOT opened Colt had one setup out at Media Day at the Range. We shoot all the new firearms and ammunition and get to drive the new off road vehicles out at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club whivh is about 1/2 hour from Las Begas. The SHOT show busses all of us out there and back and even feed us lunch.

Colt had brought 15,000 rounds of ammunition with them and let each of us put a stick through it

Saying that it was the thrill of the show for me is probably an understatement

You hand loaders are going to sympathize with me, I hated walking away from that HUGE pile of once fired 45-70 brass

I have seen that 9MM Gatling gun in action somewhere in the past year, but I can not recall where and I do not appear to have photographed it

Last edited by colt_saa; 10-15-2020 at 10:47 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: