Thread: Ammo Prices
View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 12:08 PM

Liked 1,371 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeIDMT View Post
I know guys that went all in on 9mm, .223 and .45 to "simplify' their ammo needs...

I still have 15 different calibers to feed, diversification, baby
I am a big fan of simple. Over the past several years I have sold every gun that had not been shot in a couple of years, every 10mm, 45, 380, 243, 30-06 and .338 gun I own, and quit reloading in favor buying bulk factory ammo. I got rid of all the parts of shooting I don't like (except for cleaning) and kept all the parts I do like. Before I simplified I had made shooting such a time consuming chore I was going to range less frequently and enjoying guns/shooting a lt less in general.

But a big part of keeping things simple for me was buying enough in the calibers I do own that I would not have to worry about it during the next ammo shortage. Which is a lot easier to do if you only have a handful of calibers to stock up on.

I ended up having a core group of guns that work well for me and a few others that come and go as I try something that looks fun or I am curious about. And occasionally I find one I like so much it replaces something in my core group. But I am done with having so many guns and types of ammo I need a spreadsheet to keep track of them.

Last edited by Dave Lively; 10-15-2020 at 12:17 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: