View Single Post

Old 10-15-2020, 03:21 PM

Liked 261 Times in 60 Posts

I thought I would provide an update to my quest for the perfect <2" Cali legal auto knife. Since my original post I have learned a lot and have come to appreciate these smaller blades. I have found the AUS-8 steel used on the Boker sub-Kalashnikov to be poor. It is difficult to sharpen to a fine edge and dulls easily. BladeOps offers this sub version in a D2 blade. I suggest anyone interested in this knife to spend a few dollars more and get the D2 version. Personally I find the overall size of any closed knife and the pocket clip to be a priority for EDC. I ended up gifting the Boker Stubby Strike to a friend. It is a nice knife but compared to the others was too bulky and heavy for EDC. I also realized the safety button is unnecessary on an auto knife. I never use it and haven't had any problems. I ended up carrying the Kershaw Launch 4 after changing to a deep-pocket clip (free from Kershaw) and using the Sub-Kalashnikov as a beater around the property.

After receiving a gift card from BladeHQ I went ahead and ordered a Pro-Tech Sprint. I never owned a Pro-Tech but have heard very good things and am looking forward to receiving it. The Pro-Tech features a CPM-S35VN blade which should be superior to any of the knives I previously reviewed.

On a side note I have noticed that many knives are currently sold out at various websites. I wonder if this is another result of panic-buying.

Last edited by Rolling; 10-15-2020 at 05:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: