View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 10:31 AM

Liked 537 Times in 278 Posts
Default This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcelect View Post
Mr. Tremaine
For those of us that shoot our 44s at a distance much farther than the OP did, this phenomenon(simple physics) becomes apparent on every yardage change. The effect is more apparent using heavier bullets, large powder charge, and longer barrels! Physics states " for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". When the powder ignites and the bullet starts to move there is an opposite, and equal, force exerted on the recoil shield of the revolver, commonly referred to as recoil! Recoil tries to force the gun rearward but the shooter resists forcing the gun upperwards! The amount of recoil is dependent on the weight of the bullet, powder charge, and length of time the bullet spends in the barrel! In my 10 5/8" 44 mag with a 240gr bullet, 23.5grs of H110, and changing the yardage from 25yds to 50yds the RISE of POI is probably 12"-18" but at 100yds the hit is on! With the same 100yd shot the first 25yd shot will not be on a 24x24 square paper!
jcelect
In real life I've shot a zillion rounds of pistol ammo in precision and action pistol competition and this is true!

On a recent range trip with a recent purchase of a 5" 629 I was shooting 225 grain LSWC's at around 850 fps! With the rear sight screwed down as far as it would go POI was 4 inches high at 25 yards! In order to get POI to POA I had to boost the velocity up to 1050fps!

This is real life! 's
The Following User Likes This Post: