View Single Post

Old 10-17-2020, 07:47 AM

Liked 1,039 Times in 315 Posts

Here is a C&P of a post concerning the 7615 that I first made in a now-defunct Kansas gun forum.

05-02-2008, 10:00

The first time that I saw this little carbine was at one of the gunshows at the Kansas Coliseum. At the time, I was intrigued with it, but thought to myself, that I'll sleep on it, then make a decision later on. I had a birthday coming up, so a few days later, I decided to get myself a present: this little Remington.
A short description of this carbine would be this: it is a scaled-down Model 760 or 7600 in 5.56mm or 223 Remington. Rather than the standard four shot magazine of the 760 series, there is a major departure, however. The 7615 accepts standard AR-15/M16 magazines. There is even an AR-style magazine release.
At first, the action was a little rough but it is starting to smoothe out, and should be butter-slick before long.
There are no gas ports to clog up so this rifle will digest anything that it is fed, even ammunition with a reputation for being dirty. Here, I am thinking of Wolf, and other Eastern European brands. I shoot Wolf quite a bit, as it is cheaper, and I hesitate to put it through my Bushie, so I use it in manually-operated rifles a lot. And I concede that I may be making too big a deal out of ths.
It is fairly lightweight, and handles well, but my rifle marksmanship is so abysmal that I cannot really give any accuracy reports. Being that it is a Remington however, accuracy in more competent hands than mine should be pretty good.
For those who are interested in a 223, but for whatever reason don't want a semi-auto, the Remington 7615 may very well fit your needs. BTW, they also make it as a standard rifle, with wood furniture, and as a turkey gun as well, with camo finish.
Mine is a police carbine, because that was what the Bullet Stop had. But it is civilian-legal. The link has a picture of what mine looks like. It is the one with the conventional-shaped stock, and the rear sights on the barrel.

Last edited by gerhard1; 10-17-2020 at 07:50 AM.