View Single Post

Old 10-17-2020, 09:12 PM

Liked 1,818 Times in 705 Posts
Default Range report

I'm always a little nervous buying a used gun, but these both turned out to be good buys. Especially happy with the 25-2. Once sighted in it was a joy to shoot. Great, light single action trigger. Feels like maybe a 2# pull. Wish I had a measuring tool. Very accurate from 25 yards. The double action pull feels like 20# though. Shot some lead cast bullets, and the bore looks shiny and new. No leading at all. A couple of the moon clips (out of 10) wouldn't allow the cylinder to close, so I had to grind off some burrs left from the manufacturing process. Maybe the best thing about this gun right now is that it takes large pistol primers, which we have an abundance of.

The 36 will make a great carry gun, but it has some sharp recoil when shooting self defense loads. Lots of bite between the thumb and index finger, right on the bony base of the thumb. We both noticed it fairly quickly. I Doubt we will use it much for punching holes in paper. My wife loves it for carrying though, and it's plenty small to conceal even with women's clothing.

Overall, very happy.