Thread: 9mm Gatling Gun
View Single Post

Old 10-17-2020, 11:24 PM

Liked 6,948 Times in 2,355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelslaver View Post
??????? Never heard of such foolishness. You can fire way more than one round per second with any decent revolver, pump gun, or semi auto. With enough practice you can beat that 1 second with a good bolt action. Probably hit close to it with some single shots it you really hustled.

Here is a guy firing 10 rounds in 6.4 seconds with a bolt rifle. You have to scroll down a bit to see the video

You Can Shoot a Bolt-Action Almost as Fast as a Semi-Auto

The Brits used to practice the mad minute with Lee Enfields and most could get about 30 rounds per minute with a record for 1 minute of 35 rounds. Which is not a round per second, but it was necessary to reload the non detachable magazine several times

I have seen a 22 lr Gatling gun for sale.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about shooting more than one round per second. Our range has a limit of one round per second, no double taps allowed. We also don't allow shooting from a holster, all firing must be done with the firearm on the bench or held in the hand pointed downrange at all times. We do have special organized events that allow those practices but not on the North Range, that is indoor stuff.
We have found through the experience of time that limiting shooting this way is much safer while dealing with the public and people with little or no training. There is always the guy or pair of guys that will come onto the range, violate a few rules just to try us out, get cautioned or schooled on the rules, be good boys for about an hour and then just as they are packing up to leave fire off a mag each as fast as they can manipulate the trigger. They are usually walking to their vehicle when the range officer catches up to them, makes note of the vehicle I.D. and license number for future reference. Its not too often but enough to make you not too excited about daily shooters, the Covid thing has been a blessing in disguise because we don't allow daily shooters and membership is way up because if they want to shoot they have to join.
The Following User Likes This Post: