View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 03:36 AM

Liked 4,737 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus35745 View Post
Always thought they were nice looking guns, never saw one in person let alone with a single set trigger. Was at a gun show. Looked at it, asked his lowest price which wasn’t bad and walked away. The Tasco 6x24 scope was mounted on it. Walking outside the building heading to another one and thought, you dumb ***, get back in there and buy it. Never see another, it was in great shape. He couldn’t come down on price anymore so he threw in 50 rds of military ammo. Wasn’t looking for one but figured, what the heck! Only live once

Can’t wait to shoot it, not sure when. The rifle range is 1 hour away. Last night on an auction site I won a Savage Anschutz model 54 Sporter, will have it in a week to 10 days. The rifle Gods have been watching out for me, Larry
Hey Larry,
Very nice rifle. I really like the Mannlicher stock, and with the Bavarian arched comb. They handle great! The set trigger is nice to have, too. Together, they make for a rifle that can give very fine quick offhand shots. Towards that end, a different scope might be a better choice. But, depends what you'll use it for.
Lucky for you that you have actual gun shows to attend!

Jim

PS: nice score on the Anschütz, too!
(Ever see the nice Anschütz hunting rifles in .222 or 22 Hornet? They're really something!)

Last edited by 6string; 10-18-2020 at 02:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: