View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 02:19 PM

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraidle View Post

If you're getting into guns with resale value in mind, I suggest looking at Glocks or Colts. M&Ps have never held good resale value, even Performance Center models. I'm saying it smooths out based on my experience, and the pictures I just posted. If you don't trust the weapon and want to get rid of it, that's fine. But based on what I've seen and used, the wear is normal, and you just need to keep using it.
I do NOT have resale in mind. I have never sold any firearm I've ever purchased. But it is a legitimate purchase point for many. The price of this particular model surpasses by a third the most I ever intended to pay for ANY handgun. So far, with minor issues that are being addressed, it's been worth every cent.

I'm also not dismissing your experience, but that is your experience, and mine is that I've never had a semi-auto, including my S&W nitride barreled models, develop any wear at all, much less like this. The ring at the end of the barrel corresponds with the shimming at the end of the slide, and my fingernail catches on it. I cannot think of any argument that will convince me that wear that deep is going to "smooth out" from continued firing.