Thread: NOS Model 10
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 02:19 PM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP@AK View Post
You should come to the big state for a visit. You'd have a ball looking through my large safe. I had to move most of the rifles to the "small" safe to make room for all my S&W boxes. Of course, all the boxes have handguns in them (mostly revolvers).
The family and I were just up there about 7 or 8 summers ago vacationing and visiting extended family in the Fairbanks, Delta Junction, and Denali areas. (I highly recommend a hike in Denali.)

We really enjoyed our time up there and I keep thinking we'll get back up that way some time again.

Over the years I would say I have had at least 5 other all original post-WWII M&P and pre-Model 10 examples. I am currently down to just the factory nickel 10-6 with regards to post-WWII M&P/pre-Model 10/Model 10 examples.

Looking back on it my biggest regret is deciding to part with the nice 4" S-prefix M&P as it would have displayed rather well with my 4" Victory examples. The 5" examples didn't bother me as much to gift or sell but I'll probably end up with a few more pre-WWII and post-WWII SV and S prefix 4" M&P examples before it is all over with.

I feel your pain with regards to the safes and I am yet again in need of attempting to better organize for more convenient handgun storage.........or get yet another safe!

Last edited by tenntex32; 10-18-2020 at 03:16 PM.