Thread: 9mm Gatling Gun
View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 04:08 PM
US Veteran

Liked 39,492 Times in 10,052 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinman View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear about shooting more than one round per second. Our range has a limit of one round per second, no double taps allowed. We also don't allow shooting from a holster, all firing must be done with the firearm on the bench or held in the hand pointed downrange at all times. We do have special organized events that allow those practices but not on the North Range, that is indoor stuff.
We have found through the experience of time that limiting shooting this way is much safer while dealing with the public and people with little or no training. There is always the guy or pair of guys that will come onto the range, violate a few rules just to try us out, get cautioned or schooled on the rules, be good boys for about an hour and then just as they are packing up to leave fire off a mag each as fast as they can manipulate the trigger. They are usually walking to their vehicle when the range officer catches up to them, makes note of the vehicle I.D. and license number for future reference. Its not too often but enough to make you not too excited about daily shooters, the Covid thing has been a blessing in disguise because we don't allow daily shooters and membership is way up because if they want to shoot they have to join.
Bummer. Our range is the type where you let yourself in with your key. I have never seen anything stupid there. Pretty self policing. I have heard of a few guys run though a magazine pretty fast, but never any real issues. Everyone I have met there has been really friendly, nice and polite. If I show up and there are a couple guys shooting they will more than likely offer to stop and let me hang my targets. Rule is range goes cold every 15 minutes. But, usually unless there are a bunch of people there it is by mutual agreement. You do have to shoot to join, But its only $40 a year and a short class on the rules the first time you join.
The Following User Likes This Post: