View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 08:45 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,091 Times in 347 Posts

I guess there is something I don't understand here regarding so called "bulk" 22LR ammo versus "regular" ammo.
What are you all referring to when you call it "bulk" ammo? Is that the boxes of 250, 333, 525 rounds that are just loose packed rounds?
Is a 500 round "brick" with ten 50 round boxes bulk ammo?
I recently purchased some Aguila Super Extra 40gr CPRN from two different online sources, a 500 round "brick of 10 boxes" from one store and 2 250 round loose pack "bulk" boxes from another store. I find it hard to believe there would be a difference in the ammo besides the packaging as it surely must come off the same assembly line.

If CCI, which I agree is a superb ammo, were to package it's ammo in bulk packs would that it make it inferior to the 100 round plastic boxes?

I know if you ask 20 people their opinion on the different brands of 22LR you will get 20 different answers. Up til now my shooting has mostly been with CCI and Blazer but things being the way they are with it being in short supply I buy what I can find at reasonable prices. The Aguila 250 round boxes I bought within the past 3 weeks and paid 8 cents a round. I also got 2 333 round boxes of Winchester 36gr CPHP at the same price. Since then I haven't seen anything less than 15 cents and CCI is at least 25 cents.

Last edited by MTC(SS)Ret; 10-18-2020 at 09:19 PM.