View Single Post

Old 10-18-2020, 09:26 PM

Liked 4,110 Times in 1,171 Posts

If people were my main concern I'd probably not be lugging around an N frame, and given the scarcity of griz in most of WA I don't think I'd be doing that for a woods gun, and instead would be just grabbing a Glock 20, or some K/L frame .357 smith.

That said, there is something fun about a .44, and when hiking/fishing in Alaska/Wyoming/Montana grizzly country I carry a 4" redhawk in one of the following:

Guides Choice™ Leather Chest Holster, the ULTIMATE outdoor gun holster | Diamond D Custom Leather | Handmade Leather Holsters

If you want an open carry holster, this is the comfiest option I've used and comes along often. It's got issues, namely being leather in the outdoors and potentially foul weather, but it has held up well so far.

Hill People Gear | Real use gear for backcountry travelers

This would be my main recommendation. I got it in a non-tacticool color, and it's awesome. I fit my redhawk (or any of the smaller guns for that matter), my fly box, some tippet, leatherman, assorted fishing nonsense, and a cliff bar.

Both these options hold steady while moving, distribute weight well, and can be used with your pack on and belted/chest strapped up.
The Following User Likes This Post: