Thread: Dan Wesson 15-2
View Single Post

Old 10-20-2020, 05:08 AM

Liked 853 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundels View Post
I remember handling this type at gun shows back in the day. I never bought one because of the DA pull and also because in my hands they had the worst factory grip I'd ever felt. Had Pachmayr or Hogue come out with grips soon enough I might have bought one out of curiosity.
Just goes to show you have people have different takes on something, I had no problems with the DA pull, it gets better with rounds/dry fire, and the factory grip is what I end up going back to over and over again. My 715 came with a rubber grip on it when I got it, when I took it to the range the first time, the stock grip went back on. Vastly superior to the S&W Magna grips and they sure look better. On my 44, the smooth factory grips are OK shooting .44 SPL, but I put the rubber ones on it that came with it in the box if magnum loads are going in. Worst factory grips I've ever felt on a revolver? S&W "Cheese Grater" grips with insanely sharp checkering like my 686 came with back about 1980 or so. I'm shocked they haven't become a cult item the way some people like (IMHO) totally overdone texturing on semiautos.

My second gun period was a 15-2, and soon after, I got a "veteran" 28-2 of mid 50's vintage and while I liked the (worked on) DA pull better than my stock DW, I preferred the SA pull on the DW. When I was selling some guns to get moving money, I sold the 28-2, and one of my 4 15-2's. With only a couple of months without one, I've owned a 15-2 or a 715 for over 43 years now. Obviously, I like DW guns a lot.

Last edited by hemiram; 10-20-2020 at 05:14 AM.