View Single Post

Old 10-20-2020, 12:31 PM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

I guess I've been very fortunate with Gunbroker over the years. To date I've never had an issue with any seller not shipping. I did have one seller that was slow to ship but eventually did so and the item arrived as advertised. I usually attempt to make contact with the seller, especially if additional pics or answers to questions are needed, and most often they oblige. If they are unwilling to provide what I need to make a positive determination then I usually pass on the item. I find constant courteous communication throughout the transaction sets both the seller and the buyer's mind at ease.

If something is priced what I would consider way too high I will still typically put it in my watch list just to see if it will actually bring the inflated asking price. Technically I guess it's not inflated if it does reach the seller's opening bid dollar amount or the reserve, but I have also had occasional concerns as to shill bidding occurring on some items that were sold for way way above what many would consider a reasonable sales price. But once again if someone will pay it then who am I to prevent them from doing so?

I doubt Gunbroker has any say over what seller's ask for their merchandise whether it be guns, accessories, ammo, or reloading supplies........and to be honest I don't think it would be such a good business model for them if they did try to do such. Over priced items usually self-regulate themselves. If folks want to pay $100 per 1000ct for primers I wish them all the best in doing so.

While I may also use and peruse other auction sites, sale sites, and forums I have found and purchased way more collectible items on Gunbroker than any other site.

Obviously others' experience with Gunbroker may vary and I do not discount the fact that there are unscrupulous sellers on Gunbroker just like on most any other auction/sale site.

And just to be clear I have 0% affiliation with Gunbroker whatsoever other than being a purchaser over the last 15 years or so.

Last edited by tenntex32; 10-20-2020 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: