View Single Post

Old 10-20-2020, 02:32 PM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV View Post
I sincerely thank everyone for the wealth of information. I have decided to pass on it due to listed valid concerns. I will continue to search for the little brother to complete my WWII US weapons. It’s like my Garand, M1 Carbine and 1911 are missing a member of the family. I have been very impressed with the quality of knowledge in this forum. God Bless.
A wise decision, especially due to the originality and likely legality concerns.

There will be plenty of really nice original Victory examples out there to be had. Just be sure to ask if the right side stock is truly serial numbers matching as it isn't too uncommon to find them swapped out with other relatively close serial numbered stocks due to maintenance, cleaning, etc.....

If you have any other concerns as to parts originality the barrel, cylinder, yoke (rear facing flat), extractor star (underside), butt, and right side stock should all be serial numbers matching. Also, the frame, yoke, and sideplate should also have matching assembly numbers stamped on them.

Here's a very nice all-original matching example I purchased a few years ago to hold you over until you do find one. (It had freckles of some sort of dried preservative all over it when purchased. The sideplate was a little bit loose in the seller's pics which fits normally after running the sideplate screws down properly. It even came with a correct style holster.) A $600 purchase.

Good luck and be sure to let us know when you find your Victory example.