View Single Post

Old 10-22-2020, 07:32 PM

Liked 862 Times in 379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpboatr View Post
Oyeboteb and opoefc , I’m disassembling it because
1. I want to give it a good cleaning
2. I intend to fire it with blackpowder loads and want to make sure I’ll be able to disassemble it afterwards!

All, good suggestions on the Kroil (never heard of that) and the “Dean” method! I actually considered something like that but hoped I could get a hold of an alternate longer screw with identical Shaft and thread dimensions!
There is no need to ever dis-assemble the Revolver, let alone to do so so such extremes, merely with firing Black powder loads.

The most one would ever do is to just remove the Cylinder, then warm Soapy Water and a Nylon Bore Brush through the Barrel Bore and through the Cylinder Chambers/Bores. dry with a hand-held hair Drier with the Revolver propped on a rumpled Towel.

Use right lube ( Beeswax wafer between Bullet and Powder ) for the Bullet, and with any good grade of BP, the Revolver will stay cleaner than Modern Revolvers do with 'Unique'.

I've fired thousands of rounds of 3F with no cleaning at all, and I have no fouling, no Cylinder binding, and no trace of anything to even suggest the Revolver is dirty.

There is no need to ever do what you are doing.

Even the worst grades of BP ( like 'Goex' ) will never make for fouling which would get in to the Rule-Joint of the Frame.

Last edited by Oyeboteb; 10-22-2020 at 07:48 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: