Thread: Ammo Prices
View Single Post

Old 10-25-2020, 07:15 AM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Potential sign of relief- I saw the other day on Bass Pro's site that Herter's 9mm brass range ammo was listed at $11.99 a box/50, and was listed as "in stock" at the one near my house (no online purchase, and not at the Cabela's near me).
Now, near me means about 35 miles away, and I don't know if "in stock" means 1 box or 50. And I have I sufficient supply of 9 currently; I have 2k of just this particular stuff that I got for $8.99 earlier this year. So I didn't go searching.

But I then saw someone else mention the same deal on another forum, and another Bass Pro, and they stated they got a case or so. So that means it's out there.

It's been stated before, but if a chain like Bass Pro can get ammo in sufficient quantity and price it low, it will drive the market back down. I can't see them randomly sell it at half the price they could, unless they had stuff in the pipeline about to come in... and let's be honest, people would easily pay $20+ a box if they wanted some.

Herter's; it says on the box "made in USA". I think we have pinned that down as Winchester, right? It doesn't look like Blazer stuff, and it almost definitely isn't Remington. And it's not Fiocchi's domestic, at least it doesn't look like theirs.