View Single Post

Old 10-26-2020, 03:14 PM

Liked 18,473 Times in 7,310 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazaroot View Post
I'm agreeing with you 100% that the cause for alarm with the fed boyz is that the "brace" is adjustable. No different than putting a six position telescopic stock on a regular AR pistol. I built my own AR pistol with a 7" barrel and decided to forgo the brace (don't like them) and put on a Phase 5 padded buffer tube.
Well, FWIW, look up the Ruger 08570 AR pistol. It has a length-adjustable arm brace too, and the ATF hasn't gone after it (yet).

I think the theory advanced by others is more plausible.
That it is more a combination of 1) they didn't get BATFE approval for their "brace", and 2) it really isn't possible to get your arm inside their "brace".

Though the fact that it is adjustable COMBINED with the other two issues may be a third contributing factor to the BATFE deciding that they crossed the (ill defined) line with their design. Kinda like the GCA "points" system blocking the import of cheap handguns with too many of the "wrong" features.

I like my shockwave brace. It has a fixed length and doesn't really look like a stock due to its blade-like shape. Even though it can be braced against your shoulder, it isn't designed to be very comfortable if used that way, which (theoretically) would discourage it being used that way.