View Single Post

Old 10-29-2020, 03:20 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default MTC(SS)Ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC(SS)Ret View Post
With Veterans Day approaching I would like to take the opportunity to recognize all of my fellow veterans who are following this thread, in particular to those of my generation who served during the Vietnam years, and express my thanks for your service to this country.
My brother-in-law was a Marine veteran who served in combat and although he made it home, the war eventually caught up to him when he passed several years ago from illnesses linked to exposure to Agent Orange.
First thank you for your service. None of us ever expected anything special just to be accepted and appreciated for our service to our wonderful country. In those days we weren't and to make it worse we were actually hated. I was and still am very proud to have served and always will be. There is no place on earth like the USA!! My heart goes out to you for your BIL and the rest of your family as I too am still fighting cancer from agent orange. It never leaves our bodies I am told. Again thank you for your service, it was truly appreciated.
The Following User Likes This Post: