View Single Post

Old 10-30-2020, 11:47 AM

Liked 2,260 Times in 695 Posts

In the early 1970s, I bought out a friends reloading outfit. Press, scale, measure, die sets, molds, Lyman 450 sizer, HG&I for same and a grundle of brass. Sold off the excess(for a profit) and kept what I wanted. In the bunch was a set of 45 acp dies and a couple of Lyman single cavity molds(most of which , as I found out, belonged to another of my friends and was on loan to the guy I bought the outfit from. I returned the items. (I was still ahead in the deal) I was left with a three pound can of 45 brass. It is plane to see that I needed a 45 acp to use the brass. A few months later another friend offered me his 1911 (USGI, made in 1919) for a good price (75 bucks). Still shoot it and probably some of the brass also. So yes, I have bought guns because I had the gear to reload for it on hand and vice versa. This has happened on more than one occasion. I am sure that when I cross the river and someone will go to my basement, or garage, look around and say: "What in the world was he thinking". Reloading has become a lifelong hobby and while more expensive today than in the 70s when I started, is still a good way to shoot more for the dollars you spend.
The Following User Likes This Post: