Thread: I Caved
View Single Post

Old 10-30-2020, 03:56 PM

Liked 10,579 Times in 2,986 Posts
Default I Caved

I have a pretty good supply of ammo, and I feel sorry for those who have to buy in today's market. With current retail ammo availability at near-zilch levels and priced accordingly, I had planned to wait until prices returned to normal before I bought any more. I'm not doing any shooting until The Plague is over, so my supply is holding steady, and I have been feeling pretty smug about my ammo situation.

Recently, some Sellier & Bellot .357 SIG hollow point ammo became available at SG Ammo for 66 cents per round. While I don't need any more HP rounds, S&B has a good reputation, the price was semi-decent for HP in today's market, and in a pinch I could use them for target rounds. But I already had nearly a year's supply, so I passed. But I couldn't leave well enough alone. Just for the heck of it, I checked out these rounds on S&B's website. They have a rated muzzle velocity of 1476 fps, and muzzle energy of 597 ft/lbs. Yowsa! That's much greater than most other .357 SIG rounds, so I did what any dedicated .357 SIG shooter would do, I ordered a bunch. Yes, I Caved.

Any other Cavers out there?