View Single Post

Old 10-30-2020, 09:50 PM

Liked 2,654 Times in 1,014 Posts

The first significant shortage that stands out was 2008-2009. I had to go to five gun shops in one night to scrounge enough .357 & .45 hollow point ammo to qualify. That experience taught me to make sure I had a decent stockpile of ammo. It also started me on reloading.

The next was after Sandy Hook in 2013. I was at the Oaks gun show the day of the shooting, should’ve bought more at the show. That panic was when all the .22 ammo disappeared. I already had a decent supply of ammo and components, but decided more is better.

I bought a bunch of stuff prior to the 2016 election, but that turned out better than expected.

This year I had a plan in January of what to buy before the election madness took off. Then the virus panic hit, followed by the riots, and now the election. This current situation is definitely the worst by far. I saw a guy at a gun show tonight asking $115 a brick for .22 ammo. Fortunately I have enough that I don’t have to pay the current prices, I can wait (and hope) for normalcy to return.