View Single Post

Old 11-05-2020, 03:48 PM

Liked 1,711 Times in 465 Posts

About 10 years ago I bought a mixed case of Speer Gold Dot. Half was 9mm and half was 38sp. I bought it on line from a private party and the price was so good, I was skeptical of buying. Turned out to be a bargain and great seller. Only wish I had bought a full case of each. Besides a box or 2 hear and there of Buffalo Bore 44 mag, that is the only factory ammo I have bought in probably 30 year or better. The Gold Dot was $12 a box shipped and they were 50rd boxes. This stuff goes for over a buck a round now at regular retail prices. I have gifted most of it away over the years as carry ammo to friends and family.

Oh ya, I do buy trap loads by the case. When the prices were at $4.00 to $4.50 I stocked up so have not bought any since the recent run up.

I have also bought lots and lots of 22 ammo by the case. While sage rat shooting it is not uncommon to go through 1000 to 2000 rounds per day per guy. I quit buying when the price was $14 per brick. Still have some that is priced at $6.80 per brick =$68 per case.

Last edited by ajgunner; 11-05-2020 at 03:56 PM.