View Single Post

Old 11-09-2020, 04:28 PM

Liked 6,615 Times in 2,198 Posts

They're still available for a number of current production pistols. I haven't seen them offered for S&W 3rd gen's for the last 10+ years.
H726-BELT HOLSTER [H726] - $82.90 : Don Hume Leathergoods, Simply the Best!

We ordered them for 5 different TSW models (with rails) back in the mid/late 2000's, but our was a decent size agency order.

My regret is that I didn't discover them until after they'd discontinued making them for revolvers. That would've made an outstanding fast off-duty holster for my issued 686 and personally-owned Service-Six 4" guns, and my recently acquired 3" 65.

One time when I called and placed an order many years ago, I was told that it would be delayed for several weeks because they were having to train new leather workers to make that holster.

They made some revisions over time, like going from the tunnel belt loops to the reinforced belt slots.

I've still got a few of them for various pistols, including both non-railed/railed, and square & round trigger guard S&W's. This is a few of them for the 3rd gen's. I have others not shown (Ruger KP90DC, Colt Commander, to list a couple off the top of my head). I still have one new-in-package black 726 for a round trigger guard 3913, which I've never gotten around to using.

The nice thing about the 726 is that the muzzle clears the front cut FAST, because of both the spring-loaded front cut and the short distance the muzzle has to lift to clear. It's not only a fast presentation, but it's kind on aging shoulders. Not so much UP on the Elbow Up (EU/ED, or Elbow Up & Elbow Down draw).

I've surprised a few suspects now and again in my plain clothes days. One day when a suspect was drawing a little pistol on my partner, my partner later claimed that his 726 was the fastest holster he'd ever carried, in either uniform or plainclothes.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 11-09-2020 at 04:32 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: