Thread: 52-2 question
View Single Post

Old 11-14-2020, 12:45 PM

Liked 14,842 Times in 5,045 Posts

On the subject of the pictured trigger that seems wayyyy too far forward, it's worth mentioning that the 52-1 and 52-2* pistols are two-way adjustable when it comes to the trigger.

After a field strip and peering top-down in to the frame, you can see a hex head screw with a relatively large head and adjusting that screw should adjust the pre-travel of the trigger, the amount of free play pull you have before you are met with the resistance of the sear.

If this screw is adjusted -FAR- out of a typical setting, it can allow the trigger to be further forward than anyone is used to seeing on a Model 52-1/52-2.*

Personally, I cannot imagine even the far over-adjustment of this screw would allow the trigger to be that far out as shown in your picture. My initial guess is still what I think... I think some non-original parts may be in that pistol.

But better pictures in higher resolution and with more light and at a couple angles would tell more.

(**I leave the original no-dash 52 out of this simply because I have never had the pleasure of working with a 52 no-dash and these guns used a different trigger part and these pistols also had a hardly used and sometimes hardly known double-action ability that made little useful sense on a Bullseye target pistol, and that's why they were slightly redesigned for the 52-1/52-2 models.)
The Following User Likes This Post: