View Single Post

Old 11-15-2020, 08:00 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj8591 View Post
If it doesn't pass, the gun and ammo manufacturers will go out of business. I don't know what you guys are seeing but people are scraping to make the rent around here. Never mind spending $100 or $200 or more to shoot on the week end. The civilian shooting world will not support $1 a round for range ammo. At that price, recreational shooting will come to an end.
I agree the current prices can’t last. If anything, people are gonna go into debt to get their stash and then sit on it. I remember right after Newtown, no name AR’s were going for $2000. I laughed at those who bought them. 6 months later they were back to normal. In the six month after Newtown, components were nowhere to be found. When I found some, the store owner was opening primer bricks and selling the individual 100 primer trays for $7 each, with a limit of 5 trays. 6 months after that they were back down to normal.

Will it be back to $20 for 100 9MM any time soon? Nope. I’d say by this time next year we’re approaching normal. But this $300 for primers and $1 a round 9MM will be over within 3 months. Those who are willing to pay those prices will have gotten their fix and then the ammo will sit in shelves at that price.
The Following User Likes This Post: