View Single Post

Old 11-15-2020, 08:20 PM

Liked 6,930 Times in 2,347 Posts

When doing firearm transactions between friends in the not too distant past we always did them before the new laws went into effect. How would the state know when grandpa gave you the gun? He's your grandpa and gave you the gun when you turned eighteen...I do understand that if you were up before a jury you'd be in some trouble but just generally all of the firearms that were lost in the boating accident a few years ago were all acquired before the new laws went into effect. Anything I own that was acquired via a firearms transaction will not leave my hands without going through a proper state sponsored, I do understand that but this state just recently required transfer paperwork for gifts, estate, etc. I did sell a firearm to a friend who decided he wanted to get it fully state transferred, I didn't care, whatever he wanted was fine and I respect that.
Do all firearms currently residing in California need to be registered to be legal? Meaning, if you have owned one for over fifty years do you have to have it registered to be legally owned, or is there some kind of grace period where grandpa's gun could fit into.